Monday, September 19, 2011

What would you like to know?


So far this year, I've been booked at two conferences - as a speaker for the California Reading Association in November (http://www.californiareads.org/) and as a speaker/teacher/consultant at David Greenberg's amazing week long Oregon Coast Workshop (http://www.occbww.com/) next July.  I would love my readers input!


For CRA, I'll mostly be talking with educators.  My talk will be about the honorable and dishonorable in children's literature.  I plan to talk about my and other authors' work and about the changes in the publishing world.  What would you as an educator like to hear about?


My presentation and workshop in Oregon will be mostly for aspiring writers.  I'll be talking about writing picture books, but haven't decided on the specific themes yet.  It will be mostly nuts and bolts plus, I hope, lots of fun.  What do you as an aspiring writer want to hear about?



Thanks for taking part in my little survey!


I like to think of my first book, HEART OF A TIGER, as perhaps my most "honorable" book.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Marsha, lucky you going to a workshop on the Oregon Coast. I have a niece at Tillmock and friends in Oregon. If you take Highway 26 to Oceanside, you may pass by Buxton where I graduated from 8th grade and I went to high school at Banks until I moved to Idaho. I lived near Portland in Lake Oswego, West Linn and Oregon City for over 16 years and worked for two newspapers. Keep up the good work. You have been busy.

Marsha Diane Arnold said...

Oh, my Mary, you do get around. I will look for Buxton when I make my trip and think of you. :-) You lived in some wonderful places. Thanks, as always, for your sweet support.