Saturday, August 6, 2011

Skyping through the summer - with Martin Luther King Family Outreach Center and more

This summer, I've been busy skyping with libraries, summer camps, and more.  It was a surprise that there were so many wanting me to skype during the summer, but I loved it.  These photos show one special day with Martin Luther King Family Outreach Center in Spokane, Washington.  Each year, the center has a Summer Youth Academy for K-6, where children learn about writing and illustrating.  Each class also writes and illustrates a book of their own.

I first open Skype, then my Keynote presentation, and finally Photo Booth on my Mac.  Photo Booth allows the children to see myself, as well as the presentation, and I can see them through Skype.  My eyes probably look as if they are rolling all over the place...because they are (ha), but it seems to work quite well.

It was a delight being with the children and both Jeani Brickner, Children's Services Director, and Brittini Allen, Program Coordinator, were lovely to work with.  Check out their great work at www.mlkspokane.org





Share/Bookmark

No comments: