Thursday, April 2, 2009

Living in a Tech World when I grew up in a house with no hot water

I grew up in the 1950's in a house in the country with basically no running water. As I recall, we had a bit of cold water from some type of rain system on the roof. My brother and I took baths in the "wash house", and we went to the bathroom in the "outhouse". I'm glad those days are over, but they were easy compared to navigating the tech world we live in today! :-) At least, it feels that way sometimes.

I just spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to connect my Storymagician blog to my Amazon pages. I finally thought I had it figured out, but I still see no RSS feed on Amazon. Perhaps it all begins with my next blog...this blog. So this is really a test...and a bit of a rant.

I'll be spending a week in Wisconsin and a week in Kansas at the end of April visiting schools. I'm very excited about my visits and hope to include some "Artists in the Backyard" moments in my workshops. I'll also be seeing some wonderful Wisconsin ladies I met at a writing conference in Chautauqua Institute in New York several years ago and a high school friend. It's wonderful when my school visits allow me to meet not only wonderful new friends at schools, but reconnect with old friends too.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: